The guiding statements inform all of MSK’s special activities, program planning, Scope and Sequence documents, curricular goals and objectives, evaluations of teaching and administrative staff, and operations of the school.
Definitions of relevant terms have been provided for all staff. They are highlighted and discussed during professional development of teaching and classroom management strategies throughout and across the curriculum. Staff will continue to be involved in the process of translating the philosophy and objectives into practical measures for all aspects of the school.
We provide a challenging education by:
- Using current research based practices and technology to support deeper thinking.
- Encouraging active student involvement and appropriate social participation.
- Challenging students to meet their highest potential.
- Teaching critical thinking skills.
We empower students to become independent learners by:
- Teaching them to use information and resources independently.
- Supporting critical decision making.
- Appreciating their abilities and creativity.
- Encouraging them to be lifelong learners.
- Understanding their potential and developing their desire to achieve.
- Teaching them to take pride in their accomplishment thereby enhancing self esteem.
We empower students to become critical thinkers by:
- modeling and teaching critical thinking skills.
- supporting students to reach higher levels of Blooms Taxonomy.
- using instructional strategies by including open ended discussions, problem solving, authentic assessment and real-life situations.
We empower students to be responsible global citizens by:
- supporting good citizenship in the school, home and family, community, region and world at large.
- promoting cultural understanding.
- celebrating diversity.
- teaching universally-accepted ethics and morals.
- providing knowledge of other cultures through the study of Social Studies, World Geography and World History.
- adhering to the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights as well as the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.